Oct 4, 2014

Roster for Oktoberbowl

Just a quick post about my roster for the upcoming Oktoberbowl

I went with the following

2 Trees
11 Halflings
1 FF
2 RR
1 Master Chef
Deeproot

The Gesundbrunnen Picknick Packers
It's a change from my initial roster, which was the same except I had Puggy instead of a 'Fling, FF and my 2 RRs, but after paying a couple of games, I felt that you need some RRs as a base. You can't rely on the master chef giving you enough RRs.

It may however be a different case when the trees have block, but I can still use the RRs for take root, failed GFIs, pick ups, landings and trying to standing up.

For skills, I'm going with the following

Day 1
2x Block (Tress), Sure Feet and 2x Side Step

Day 2
3x Side Step

Yes, it's a lot of side step, but I feel that it's the best skill they've got access to and the reasoning behind sure feet is for the OTTM attempts. Yes, catch and sprint might be better, but they are probably only going to be used when going for the OTTM, which I felt was a waste of a skill. I therefore went with sure feet, since I can use it through out the game and it also affects more rolls than catch.

My goal for this tournament is to not lose al my games.
Hopefully the Gesundbrunnen Picknick Packers will surprise everyone and pull of a win.

Thanks for reading and if you've got some tips on how to play 'flings, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment