Dec 5, 2015

Roster for X-Mas Bowl, flowers and dark elves

I haven't posted since StockBowl Cup VI report, but I've been busy painting.

But first, I'd like to talk about my roster for the X-Mas Bowl on the 13th of december.
It's a very small tournament here in Berlin and it's just going to be three games and around 10 coaches taking part.

I asked on twitter if I should go for undead or halflings and the result was undead. Since then, the rules for the tournament have changed and I've painted four dark elf linemen.

Dark elf linemen (I need to work on my photography)
What does the linemen have to do with it you ask? Well, my plan was to play haflings at the Preußenbowl in February next year, but by the looks of it, I'll get my dark elves done in time. That means that I'd like to play my dark elves 2.0 and the main reason for that would be that it will be the most recently finished team, but also because next year will be the year of the dark elf for me. I'd like to play them at the Dungeonbowl and also at Eur'Open. I also feel like Preußenbowl is one of the tournaments in which I'd have a chance at a NAF trophy and a tournament win.

This menas that I'll play less halflings next year, so why not play them next weekend? Just for fun and who knows, I might reclaim the #1 spot as the best halfling player in Sweden, if I win three games (not going to happen). The roster will be the standard one with:

2 Trees (2x block)
10 'flings (4x side step)
Master Chef
Peggy
Deeproot
AC
Cheerleader

To inspire the Gesundbrunnen Picknick Packers, I've added some flowers to their bases and display base. I've been meaning to do this for a while and I've finally come around to doing so. I wanted to add something to the bases, so they don't look "flat".

Here's some pictures



Wish me luck at the tournament!
Flower Power!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I plan to paint and play Halflings for a tournament next month; yours are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing 'flings can be very frustrating, but also very rewarding. Just have fun with it and good luck! Cheers foryour kind words

      Delete