Nov 11, 2014

Roster for StockBowl Cup V

I thought I'd share my thoughts regarding my roster for StockBowl Cup V with you.
You'll find the rules here.

The roster is going to be quite similar to the one for Oktoberbowl last month.

First of, I decided on skill package C for a simple reason, the two double skills.
This means that I can put block on both my trees. This then leads to them (hopefully) staying upright more and costing me less rerolls when blocking.

This means that I'll have three regular skills to add as well, but let's first look at the roster.

2 Trees
10 Halflings
2 FF
1 Master Chef
Deeproot
Puggy

The Gesundbrunnen Picknick Packers


I've removed two rerolls and a 'fling for Puggy. Since Oktoberbowl was my first experience with block-trees, I didn't know that they require less rerolls. I sometimes felt that I didn't need all my rerolls, although I sometimes did. brocCooLi, another swedish coach who's been playing 'flings for a while, plays with this roster and after discussing it some, I've decided to give it a go as well.
brocCooLi also had a point when it came to mirror matches. If you're facing another 'fling coach with just Deeproot, you'll have the advatage since you'll have Puggy and vice versa. If the other coach uses say Zara, you've got an even bigger advatage in having two stars. (If the tournament uses the rule of star player canceling each other out)

So, the regular skills. At Oktoberbowl I had sure feet on a 'fling, which never worked for me, but that was just Nuffle, I guess. What did work though, was side step and in my opinion, this is the best regular skill for a 'fling. Hands down. So, it should come as no surprise that I've put side step on three 'flings.

Why is side step so good?
Well, it helps with what you're bad at, defending (and offence). You can screen much better with side step and thereby controlling your opponent (or at least trying to).

Sure feet, catch and sprint are all good for the TTM-TDn, but 'flings can do this out of the box. Keep a reroll for the landing and you can still make it.

Add Puggy to the mix, a ST3 blodger, whom I'll probably blitz a lot with.

Lets see how it goes.
Fingers crossed.
If I can does as well as Oktoberbowl, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment