Nov 2, 2014

Killing Spree 2014

Starting roster here
Starting skills: Guard mummy and Guard wight.

Game 1 vs Orcs (Table 6)
Skill Wrestle (I wanted a ball sacker)

First game of the tournament and it was a weird one. I started off by kicking and I rolled a pitch invasion on the kick off. He had +1 fame, but four of his guys went down to none of mine. The orcs first turn then started with the troll being stupid (on a one) and everything went down hill from there. I scored a touchdown and kicked off again. Pitch invasion. This time one player on each team went down, but I still managed to score in turn 8.

2-0 after the first half.

I received in the second half and scored in turn 8.

The game ended 3-0

Game 2 vs Norse (Table 1)
Skill Guard (since he didn’t have any guard, I though I could out muscle him)

We played on table 1, which was a tournament first for me.
I kicked of the game by kicking and he wanted to blitz with his mighty blow yeti in turn 1. Wild animal. In the second turn he blitzes one of my mummies. The mummy goes down, but he can’t break armour. I then surround his yeti in my turn and prepared for a foul, but the yeti was KOed from the block alone. The yeti stayed in the KO-box for the rest of the game.

I then put my opponent under pressure with all my guard and he couldn't escape.
I stole the ball and scored in turn 8.

Me in action (thanks to Kohli for the picture)

In the second half, I got a bit to cooky and stalled just in front of the endzone. I needed to dodge out with a ghol (on a 3+ with dodge) to block his path, but I failed. He could then blitz my ball carrier (with 2 GFIs) and I couldn’t retrieve the ball. This was stupid from my side. I should have scored when I had the chance, but I felt in control o the game. Mostly thanks to my three guards (he had none).

The game ended 1-0 (CAS 2-2). 

Game 3 vs Chaos Dwarfs (Table 1)
Skill Wrestle (I wanted a second ball sacker, since I was afraid that my first one would get KOed, or worse)

This was the best game of the tournament. I kicked in the first half and put him under pressure. I blitzed twice with a ball sacker (wrestle ghoul) but failed the last GFi and got a double skull on the second attempt. He then scored in turn 8. 

I received the ball (as it started raining) and moved up the field in the second half, but it wasn’t easy. I finally managed to break through and scored in my turn 8 after two GFis.

We were both happy with the draw.

Final score, 1-1.

Game 4 vs Sakven (Table 1)
Skill Block (because a mummy with block is good)

I received in the first half und moved up the field, slow and steady. I KOed two of his players on the first two blocks and things was looking up..
End of my turn 1, looking quite good
There was just a couple of rats left on the field (four or five) but I made an error. I put my ball carrier in a side cage (with guard) and my opponent dodge a gutter runner with wrestle into the cage and wrestled my ball carrier down. He couldn’t get the ball, but I then, in my turn, did a 3d block with a mummy (without block). Three both downs. Reroll, three both down. I did the block to clear a player for the blitz on the rat standing next to the ball. My opponent then dodge out with a gutter runner, picked the ball up in two tackle zones and rain, passed a long bomb to another gutter runner, that caught the ball in a tackle zone and rain. The receiver then dodge out and scored. This was the turning point of the game and I knew that it was my fault. I shouldn’t have made a side line cage.
I directly after made my second error of going for an one turn touchdown attempt. I should have just tried to kill the rats on the LOS.

He then got all of his KOs back and moved down the field, screening my players of.

I however managed to score in turn 8, making it a 2-1 game.

Game 5 vs Vampires (Table 2)
Skill Block (a blodge ball carrier)

I received the ball, and it scattered towards the LOS. I then put four tackle zones on the ball since I couldn’t really pick it up (I thought that it was better to make it hard for him to pick up, if he got through, than to have it bounce to an even worse position). Otherwise my first turn was good, KOing two thralls. My opponent then managed to pick the ball up, but I pressured him and he had to retreat in to his half. I then continued to pressure him (KOing even more thralls). I blitzed the ball carrier and the ball bounced around, landing in the arms of my guard mummy. My mummy then rumbled in to the end zone in turn 8.

A mummy touchdown
My opponent got all his KOs back and payed with a full team in the second half. He screened his ball carrier, but I managed to force him to score in his turn 6. I however didn’t manage to score, because of an error. I followed up with my mummy after a block, thereby blocking my own path forward.

The game ended in a tie, 1-1.

Game 6 vs Amazons (Table 3)
Skill Tackle

I received the ball, but managed to lose it and we had a big scrum in the middle of the pitch, where no one managed to pick the ball up. First half ended in a tie.

I then kicked and the organizers announced that we just had 30 min left to play. We stressed our turns and neither of us really though to much. I managed to KO a lot of his players, pick the ball up and moved towards his endzone. The game was however called before I could score, but that felt like the fair thing to do.

A tie, 0-0.

That meant that I ended the tournament with 2-3-1, which in hindsight isn’t that bad.

I lost to the tournament winner and tied with place two (chaos dwarves). I, myself, ended in pace four.

Here is the result after the final round.

1 comment:

  1. here the text from kohli (place 5)
    http://onlineshop.kohli.de/hobbybereich/fantasy-football/turniere-und-events/da-kohli-auf-dem-killing-spree-2014

    ReplyDelete