Mar 15, 2015

Display base/tournament tray

I thought I'd share a step by step guide for how I did my display base/tournament tray. I've followed the guide found here, but added some improvements ow my own.

I started by going to IKEA and buying a picture frame called RIBBA (see the link above for pictures) and after that I go a sheet of metal and a piece of wood, 3 mm thick.

Frame with all the layers attached
The next step was to plan where to cut the holes and cut.

Cutting the holes

All the holes cut
After this I put everything together to see that everything fitted. I also added some magnets to one of my 'flings to see if it worked. It did, but the trees are two heavy to tip the tray vertically, but it at least gives some stability.

The team fits on the tray

Hang tight!
I then sanded the base and sprayed it brown. I also sprayed the metal sheet, to avoid it from shining through.
Sanded

Sprayed
After that it was just a matter of adding static grass to the whole base

The finished tray
The Gesundbrunnen Picknick Packers ready for Dungeon Bowl next weekend
Since I had some metal sheet left I added it underneath the tray and here I'll stick my magnetized reroll and turn tokens.

Left over metal sheet for storage
I might add some details like skulls and helmets to the base in the future, but it will have to do for Dungeonbowl next weekend. You'll find my roster here

No comments:

Post a Comment