Jul 28, 2020

Krush Kill N Destroy IV

Roster

2 Blitzers (2xDodge)
3 Catchers (2x(Dodge+Block), Wrestle)
Thrower (Leader)
6 Linemen
Apo
2 RRs

Game 1 vs Humans

Up against the beloved Peterd and his humans, which meant that this was going to be a tough game. I've played Peterd eight times (this game included) and won none. Four of our games have been draws and this game was too.

I don't remember the exact order of events, but it was 1-1 going in to my turn 16 and I received the ball. A riot was rolled and I knew that I had a chance at finally winning a game vs Peter.

Action from the game

A catcher got the ball and went up the field, in to scoring range. All I needed to do was to establish a screen for my ball carrier and I started by doding a catcher out and, snakes! Peter could then blitz my ball carrier and the game ended in a draw.

Action from the game


End 1-1

Game 2 vs Chaos Dwarves

I started the game on defense, which I like and my opponent hadn't played much against pro elves. He had trouble with my blitzers and their side step. I could funnel him and eventually chain push his ball carrier out to a position where I could get the ball and score. I then scored quickly in the second half and put a tone of pressure on and managed to steal the ball yet again.

Defending in the first half

End 3-0

Game 3 vs Dark Elves

Up against Sprinter and his dark elves. Quite similar rosters, but Sprinter had AV8 in larger numbers than I had. He decided to receive first, which was a surprise to me, but as he explained after the game, he did so to be able to control the game in the sense of having 1-0 at half time and then force the opponent to either go for a draw or an early score and steal. I hadn't thought about it this way before, but it makes sense against lower AV7 teams in that a numbers advantage should be achievable, which should then secure the draw or enable the win. Kind of like a reversed grind.

Pro elves on their way to 1-1

It went as expected and I was forced to score early in the second half, but managed to defend quite well. Sprinter had to go for a potato play with one of his witches. I managed to run her down and get the ball on the ground. Sadly, I didn't break her armour and she was still in scoring range with jump up. I even went for a foul with two assist, but couldn't roll above a five. Sprinter then managed to get to the ball and pass the ball to the witch in turn 16. So disappointing as I should have been able to break her armour and the game would have ended in a draw, which would have been fair, in my view.

End 1-2

Game 4 vs Vampires

I was up against an opponent that in my view didn't play vampires as they should be played. The skills were also a bit weird. Long story short, I scored four times and wasn't really threatened at all.

End 4-0

Summary

I was quite happy with the tournament, only losing due to that failed foul. Pro elves are fun to play, but I usually feel that something is missing for them to really shine. The blodger route might not be the answer.

2 comments:

  1. Cool write up as always. I dont really "get" Pro Elves tbh. They've got some great players, but I always end up thinking that WE or DE are just so much better and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, WE and DE are better :)
      I don't mind pro elves, but I'm currently not in to elves at all.

      Delete