Oct 28, 2019

World Cup IV - Day 1

My first world cup and I wanted a team with which I'd have fun for nine games straight. Flings was an option, but another squad member (whom sadly couldn't make it in the end) wanted to play flings, so I had to go for something else. I've played some slann on FUMBBL and can't really remember a game in which I didn't have fun and that's why I went for slann.  You're never out of it with slann and I was originally testing a roster with two blitzers, three catchers and a kroxigor with eleven players. It didn't really work so I switched to the roster below, which I'm very happy with.

Roster

3 Catchers (2xDodge)
Kroxigor (Block)
8 Linemen (2xBlock, Strip Ball, Wrestle)
3 Re-rolls
4 Fan factor
Apothecary

Game 1 vs Humans

I was up against humans, with some different skill choices.
No ogre, which meant that my kroxigor would be more difficult to deal with for the humans, especially considering that they only had one guard blitzer.

The ball is being moved up the pitch
I don't remember all that much of the game, but I won 2-1 and it was the first time that my opponent faced of against slann.

End 2-1 (0-1)

Game 2 vs Necromantic

A necromantic team with one ghoul and no sure hands. Also just one block skill on day 1, which I was happy with. I managed to stop his drive and score for the first half.

The second half started with a pitch invasion and in the end, I didn't manage to score after a zombie caught a bouncing ball.

Pitch invasion to start the second half

End 1-0 (2-2)

(This was the last game of day 1, but the first game on day 2 would be played with the rules for day 1 and that's why I'm including it here)

Game 3 vs Norse

What a game this was, a real nail biter that went down to the wire. My opponent, a Spanish coach playing norse started by receiving the ball and he went down one sideline, removing some frogs on the way. I leapt in and stripped the ball, which landed on the sideline. My opponent managed to pick it up again, but had to use a re-roll. The norse team went forward and lined up to foul my strip ball frog and rolled snake eyes! His player was sent off and I could once again leap in and strip the ball. This time I even managed to pick it up and punt it down the pitch.

A fight for the ball on the sideline
My opponent managed to pass the ball back into my half and I once again put him under pressure. He had to 3+, 2+, 2+, 3+, 3+, 2+, 2+ for the score in turn 8, which he did.

The second half was equally exciting. I was put under pressure in my half after a turnover, but managed to move the ball in to his half with a couple of turns left in the half. My hopes of a draw ended with double skulls, but what a fun game it had been. A draw would have been fair, but that's the way it goes sometime.

End 0-1 (3-3)

Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment