Feb 23, 2015

Wet palate and wip elf

I tried something new yesterday, a wet palate.

It's very simple and keeps your paint wet, which also helps while blending.
Failry easy to make at a low cost. Have a look at this video for a quick guide and how to.


It improved my painting and I also saved on paint.
Give it a try, you won't be sorry!

What did I paint then, using the wet palete?

I recently got my reward from the Impact miniatures kickstarter and I couldn't wait until I'd finished my underworld team, I had to start my elf team (which I'll mostly use as dark elves and pro elves).

I undercoated the miniature in black, but did something that I haven't done before. I drybrushed the model with white. This made it easier to pick up details and it's also something I'd recommend.

Here's a wip of the first lineelf.

First elf
I'd initially though I'd use gold instead of silver, for the armour triming and yellow for the hair and other details, but it didn't work as I'd planned. Instead, I went with turquoise details and hair.
I'm hapy with the result, although I've got some cleaning up to do and details.

Might also change the pice of cloth, that's haning down between the legs. Thinking of switching to turquoise instead of purple and greywhite instead of turquoise. What do you think?

For the other elves, I'm thinking about using white, black and turquoise for the hair.
Might also add a second colour to it, so in this picture that would then be some white.

No comments:

Post a Comment